February 14, 2008

Guard Dog


Guard Dog, originally uploaded by Satiated Designs.

So, to answer some well founded questions that have arisen, yes, we got a dog. I took a trip down to Lane County Animal Rescue Agency last Thursday morning. I didn't have class that morning, and had a wild hair to go down there and just see who was there. You know, just to begin my search for a dog. Of course, as anyone who couldn't walk away empty handed after visiting the pound, and who has looked into the eyes of all of these wonderful 4 legged furry people needing homes knows, I found one I had to save. He was the first dog I took into the "cattery" with me. I couldn't shake him out of my head. So of course I called Dan, and he came down to meet him later on that day. We went home to think about it over night (he's really good at talking me into that type of thing), and ended up back the next morning to seal the deal. Of course it was a Friday, so we wouldn't be able to take him home until after the weekend, which was actually a blessing considering our home was less than dog-proof.
So we brought him home on Monday and aside from the standard day 2 diarrhea in the house (he'd been neutered under general anesthesia the day before), we've been good at taking him out regularly and have avoided any other accidents, which seem to make him happy, and us happy.
He is curious about the kitty, who is less than impressed that there is another 4 legger sharing her living room, but she seems to be slowly adapting to having safe havens in the bedrooms, the bathroom, and the garage. I feel confident that one day she will actually say hi to him, though it may be a while, years even, and until then they will be peaceful ships passing in the night. His name is Tucker. And I love him.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel like you have had a kid and I need to knit him a blanket or something. He is adorable. Does he have pit in him? I am so glad for you, just what you needed I would say. Congrats.