February 16, 2008

Pepper obsessions


perfect pepper, originally uploaded by anatomist.

Effie and I used to work in a little cafe for most of our lives before families and babies and adulthood (is that where we are?). She made exquisite salads and if ever (more often than not) they involved peppers, her favorite thing was to pick out what could be described as the pepper genitalia, if peppers were to have genitalia. You know the part I'm talking about, the little baby pepper growth that is usually found once you slice a pepper in half. They are never the same shape, and Effie used to set them aside and love them while she finished up the salad she was working on. This picture Becky took reminded me of that and made me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that you know that about me.

Anonymous said...

how could i forget?